By: The GoAbroad Team
Posted on: Spain, People and Culture
1. Eyelid pull- done by placing your forefinger below the center of your eye and pulling your eye skin in a downward motion. This means, "Be watchful, that person is cunning."
2. Fingertips kiss- done by putting your thumb and the rest of your fingers together, raising them to your lips as if kissing it and tossing your hand into the air. It is a sign of approval or praise in Spain.
3. Cheek screw- done by making a fist, sticking out your forefinger and screwing it in the cheek. In Spain, this is used to describe a man as being womanish or effeminate.
4. Esto es muy dificil- it means, "It is very difficult." This is done by putting your thumb and index finger together and shaking it.
5. Ese seÃ±or tienne mucho dinero- "That person has lots of money." This is done by rubbing your thumb with the rest of your fingers.
photo by: Aaron Webb