By: The GoAbroad Team
Posted on: Italy, Culture Shock
different. Below is a list of information that may be useful for anyone traveling
1. Picture-taking are restricted in some museums. Ask permission to allow taking
pictures in these areas. Cameras in active flash mode should be avoided to
prevent distracting other people.
2. When giving gifts, do not wrap it in purple as Italians consider it a symbol of bad
luck. Gifts are opened right away when received.
3. It's not easy to find a drycleaner in the Tuscan countryside;laundry services are
commonly found in big cities.
4. Being on time is not a big deal in Italy when invited to a dinner or a party. A
maximum time between 15-30 minutes will not upset the host party. However,
punctuality is a virtue particularly in the north.
5. Walking around town in bikinis, beach attire or any skimpy outfits is considered
rude while sunbathing topless in the south of Italy will lead to wide-eyed gazes and
6. Some stores do not allow women to try on shirts and blouses.Returning or
exchanging items even if it is flawed rarely occur.
7. Entertainment for kids are rare. Hotels don't have pools or videogames and
neither radio nor TV is in English.